Friday, November 27, 2009

Daily Outfit


Last week I stopped by one of my favourite thrift stores on the way home from school (all of the thrift store I regularly visit are along the various bus routes I take home from University) and I was flicking through the disappointing rack of long polyester skirts from the '80's when I came across this skirt. My first thought was "what a sweet and cosy, yet cool trim. I hope it fits" before running off to the dark change room to try it on before anyone else spotted it. It did and for $3 CDN it followed me home. I love the thick knit and red waistband and that it's now my warmest skirt. I haven't worn it before today because I'm still not sure what top to wear it with. But if this winter is anything like last year's, then I'll be wearing it a lot.

Cardigan: thrifted
Skirt: vintage
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a fantastic find, that skirt is just busting with beautiful winter style. Congrats on such a great deal - if only more great skirts like that could be had for $3.00! :)

Wishing you a splendid weekend, sweet dear!
♥ Jessica