Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Outfit

imp recently left a comment asking about why my blog/Flickr/shop is called The Frog's Eyebrows, well let me tell you a story about how I got my name (it's not a very good story tho). It was a dark and stormy night, and I was looking at a list on the interweb of 1920's slang, about 18 months ago, and I saw that phrase which I hadn't heard before and it means "neat" or "nice". I liked how it sounded and remembered it when I signed up for Flickr about a week later. So tell me, dear readers, how did you come up with the name you go by on that magical land known as the internet?

Sweater: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Hue
Scarf: vintage
Scarf Clip: vintage via Etsy
Shoes: The Bay

Lately, I've been spending many hours watching John Daly and the celebrity panel on What's My Line, specifically the celebrity mystery guest round. I love watching panel shows, which America used to be really good at in the '50's/'60's but know they don't have any and so I now mostly download ones from the BBC. What I love most about What's My Line is that everyone dressed in evening wear, since it was taped live at night and people would stop in on their way out for the night and everyone was polite to each other while blatantly promoting their latest picture/play/television show. It's also great fun to watch, especially celebrities trying to do different accents in order to fool the panel. Here are two of my favourites:


2 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Love the detailing on your skirt!

The name of my blog is actually the name of my great-grandmother who died of cancer in the early 30's right after she had my grandmother. Because my blog is mostly about vintage fashion, I thought her name was very "vintage" sounding and it was a way for me to remember her every day!

Ivy Black said...

Adore the skirt! You look fab as always.
x