Monday, February 22, 2010

Daily Outfit

Cardigan: thrifted
Shorts: thrifted
Shirt: thrifted
Tights: Hue
Necklace: I made it
Shoes: The Bay

My plan of what to do during the Olympics that largely been thrown out the window due to the large crowds Downtown and the two hour long queues to get into the free hospitality houses (this is the only thing I can afford to do during the Olympics) but I shall try my best this week to arrive Downtown early and leave earlier in order to avoid the overcrowded transit system, which is pretty much impossible if you don't know how (but I do). In the first week of the Olympics, I haven't seen anyone famous but a lot of tourists which makes me think that maybe some people actually see sporting events as being a really big deal and all of these sports fans have enough money to travel whenever they want to as there's no other reason to come here (it's a pretty town but it's been kind of boring ever since they started building those walls of glass). I think that if I can't get into anything tomorrow then I might just wander around and take pictures of Gastown, Vancouver's oldest neighbourhood. Unless, anyone has any requests for pictures and information on something in Vancouver?

Outside the Art Gallery now is an enormous hand-painted mural by the Taiwanese artist Michael Lin. I like it, but what do you think?


No comments: