Saturday, April 3, 2010

Daily Outfit

I spent the afternoon going round to try to find the new issue of Lula but to no avail. Does anyone know if it has made it's way to Canada yet? Or is it because the post was delayed for the long weekend?
I also got my hair cut today and I'll take pictures of it on Monday, once it has gotten used to my new style. I wanted to take a picture today, but it was so windy today that my hair was to messy by the time I got home. But at least it wasn't as bad as it was yesterday when the wind knocked over two eighty year old trees a few blocks away. It ripped them out by their roots and half of the sidewalk with it! Poor trees! Living by the ocean means that there is always at least one massive wind storm every spring.

Cardigan: Gap
Shirt: thrifted
Skirt: vintage
Scarf: vintage
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

Remember all of the fuss made over the Conan-Leno Tonight Show fight? I don't watch late-night shows much, but my favourite host has always been Steve Allen, the first host of the Tonight Show.
Now, Conan's okay and Leno hasn't been funny for thirty years and Letterman's struggling along, but no one can ever top Johnny Carson because he made it look so easy. And he was always funny and natural.
This is Johnny Carson and Jack Webb doing a parody of Dragnet. It's also the only time that Jack Webb smiled on television.

2 comments:

Richard L Moroney said...

I'm always on YouTube and I never think to look for classic Carson clips. It's so awesome that you collect all this good old stuff. Thanks. It brightened my day.

Susan said...

Jennifer -- Your blog is just a delight. You've massacred my weekend! I have spent hours reading it. LOVE the movie caps. I've seen some of the movies you blog about, and the rest are now on my Netflix queue. Thank you so much!
p.s. ADORE the tomato red and turquoise outfit. Killer color combo. (Sorry, I had to, after the Jack Webb clip.)
p.p.s. The possessive "its" is spelled with no apostrophe -- like "yours," "ours" and "theirs."