Monday, July 5, 2010

Daily Outfit

Summer is definitely here now. The birds and mosquitos are out, flowers are in full bloom and the temperature is almost at 30. What I like about summer is that autumn will soon arrive and I miss my tights and coats. For the rest of the summer, I'm going to screencap travel movies and for July the theme will be An American Abroad. Does anyone have any suggestions for travel movies?
I found this skirt a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it a lot lately because it has big yellow flowers and it's lined and sometimes I'm too lazy to want to wear a skirt and a half slip. I got this cardigan last year and I replaced the buttons but I've always felt that it was missing something, so I embroidered two Sublime Stitching swallows on it last week and now I love it. Plus it's a way to show off my hobby. How do you show off your hobby?
Skirt: vintage
Shirt: thrifted
Cardigan: thrifted and embellished by me
Belt: Jacob
Scarf: vintage
Shoes: Börn

This is from Damn Yankees and is the only time when Bob Fosse and his wife Gwen Verdon danced together on the big screen:

3 comments:

Melissa Clark said...

I love old movies with Americans abroad, especially ones set in Italy. There were lots of those in the '50s and '60s. My very favorite is "Summertime" with Katharine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi. I also love "Light in the Piazza", "Three Coins in the Fountain" and "Come September." Less great is "Rome Adventure" starring Troy Donahue, but the scenery is gorgeous. :)

Melissa

Ivy Black said...

Love this outfit! Loving the swallows on the cardigan, top bit of embroidery.
I'm all for wearing what we make, however it's made. I love to make my own clothes and jewellery,so I guess that' how I show off my hobby

Anonymous said...

Oh my a friend of mine and I were just talking about Damn Yankees today while we were in a restaurant and we starting singing songs from the movie!!!