Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily Outfit

End of August  2010

So, I haven't been around blog land much in August. I accidentally agreed to too many shifts at work last month, not because I wanted to neglect my blog. I was motivated by the rising cost of proper vintage (the Nineties are not vintage people) and because I live in the second most expensive city in North America. Also I needed a new iron. But now I can hardly believe it's September and I have classes starting next week. And I'm back to working part time and I'm feeling very inspired and I have a number of planned posts to write.
I bought this 70's does 40's skirt back in April and promptly forgot about it. And then I found it again and wore it twice last week because it's so easy to shop for clothes it. And after months of scouring thrift stores throughout the city, I finally found the perfect red cardigan and who cares if it was too hot, I'm going to wear it! I haven't really bought any new winter clothes yet, but I bought a number of cute things that I can wear in the autumn because all of the vintage stores I went to were having summer clear out sales. Yay!!! The draw back is that now I have created a huge pile of mending and altering sitting next to my pile of embroidery projects.

100_6036

For this faux-necklace scarf, I just took a medium sized square and folded it into a triangle and then in half until it was thin enough, twisted it real tight and tied it into a double knot, which I stuck under my collar. It's perfect if you want to wear a necklace of a certain colour, but don't have one.

For September's Cinema Tuesdays theme, I'm just going to do four Technicolor Musicals, but not necessarily four with colour by Technicolor. Guess which one's I've picked.

Cardigan: thrifted
Shirt: thrifted
Skirt: vintage
Belt: vintage
Scarf: vintage
Sweater Guard: vintage
Sandals: thrifted SAS
Earrings: vintage


This is from Everyone Says I Love You, which is my second favourite Woody Allen movie and hey, who doesn't love watching a group of people dressed up as Groucho singing "Hooray For Captain Spaulding" in French?

No comments: