Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring is Here, Life is Skittles

6 May 11

The experiment with finding a new outfit background continues. What do you think of the front hall?

I've slowly been settling into the new house. Most of my stuff is still in boxes because I haven't finished arranging my furniture yet nor have I set up my bookcases and my sewing machine is still on the floor, next to a huge pile of mending and summer patterns to be sewn. However I have set the end of the month as my goal for having my room set up and dash it, I'm going to stick to it and then I can take pictures to share.
I do like the area where I'm living more then my previous one, mostly because I've found two thrift stores and an excellent dollar store all within a ten minute walk. And there is a small park at the end of my block, but alas, it is without pigeons.
Spring has definitely sprung; the cherry blossoms are in bloom, birds are returning and I can leave the house without wearing tights, which is delicious even though my legs are scarily pale. I've been thinking about getting a pin curl perm. I used to set my hair every morning during most of my high schools years, which was easy because I lived across the street. But I stopped when I started going to college, since I didn't have time and I now miss having wavy hair. Does anyone have any tips on how to find a place that will do a vintage perm and not a scary 80's perm or know what type of perm to ask for? Or know of a place in Vancouver that will do it?

This is an awesome experimental film that Norman McLaren did for the NFB in 1941, completely without the use of cameras.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely outfit. That colour combination is beautiful!

Elise said...

Cute outfit, love your blouse. Afraid I dont know much about hair styling, altho when I was looking at hair dyes one day I noticed there was also a product for a home wave - the box actually looked a bit retro, but I was intrigued! Maybe something like that could work? Probably consulting your hairdresser would be a safer bet tho! :)